Thursday, August 27, 2009

This Just In: Developers Value Passion And Fundamentals!

I just received my MSDN Flash newsletter in my inbox and noticed the results of last week’s poll. The question was “what is the most important trait of a programmer fresh out of college” and I was pleasantly surprised by the results!




I would like to think that these are traits that are valued in programmers of all skill levels. One could also argue that if you combine the top two results, then programmers that have a passion for continuously learning about fundamentals are the most valued programmers of all! If you agree, then I have fantastic news for you because a new track has been added to TechDays in Vancouver and Toronto!


I will be presenting Test-Driven Development Techniques in the Developer Fundamentals track and I will also be presenting about…wait…ummm…something really cool and worthwhile in the newly announced Developer Foundations track. More info on that one when the MS legal department stamps their approval.

No comments: